Scotiabank Calgary Marathon Charity Challenge 2014
For the second year in a row, CPAWS Southern Alberta is an Official Charity in the Scotiabank Calgary Marathon Charity Challenge! Join us and race to help keep southern Alberta WILD!
This is an opportunity to do something that's good for your health AND good for the environment. Join CPAWS SAB's Burrowing Owls Team or build your own team! If running is not your thing, consider making a donation to our team (details below).
Find general race info HERE
7:00AM - Marathon & Half Marathon Starts
7:30AM - 10K Start
12 Noon MST - 5K Start
Sign-up online to raise funds as part of the Scotiabank Charity Challenge: follow these 4 easy steps!
Not Registered Yet
1. Register online* for one of the 5 distances or the kids Marathon at http://www.eventsonline.ca/events/calgary_marathon/
a. You will be asked to choose a Support Option to Create a Fundraising Account or Make a One Time Donation.
b. Choose a charity from the dropdown and set up a user name and password when prompted. Fill in the remainder of the information required and click Confirm at the bottom of the page.
2. You will be redirected a Thank You page that will include your Transaction ID. Click on the Transfer button in the red box.
3. Click OK to be redirected to your fundraising page.
4. Your Fundraising Page.
a. Here you can personalize your page, Get Sponsors and more – Click on Check Fundraising Results
b. Change Personal Information – Click on Profile
c. Create or join a team of fundraisers – Click on Team. CPAWS' team is called the Burrowing Owls.
Your username and password allows you to log onto the fundraising website whenever you want to send solicitation emails or check your fundraising results.
Set up Fundraising Page if You Are Already Registered for the Run
1. Select the charity you wish to support from the list on the left side of the Charity page.
2. Click on "Fundraise" then the "Sign Up" button and enter your information.
3. Fundraise on your own or join a team and fill in your information
Now you're ready to start fundraising. Once you're registered, you can start sending emails to family and friends asking for their support.
How to Donate
1. Select the charity you wish to support from the list on the left side of the Charity page (Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society's Southern Alberta): http://www.calgarymarathon.com/scotiabank_charity_challenge.html
2. Click the “Fundraise” button to support a participant OR click “Donate” to give directly to the Charity if a runner or team is not known.
3. On the left column it says Support This Event click on "Individual and Team Search"
4. Enter the name of the individual or team here and make your donation! CPAWS Team name is called the Burrowing Owls.
To receive news and updates from CPAWS, including when there's something happening in your area, join our action list below.Join mailing list